Function: The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for production planning, purchasing, inventory management and freight.
Reports to: Operations
Accountability: Assemble electronic and electromechanical medical devices to meet quality standards within the expected cycle time.
Key Performance Measure: Inventory turns. 100% inventory record accuracy. 100% on time delivery of quality, supplies, tools and equipment.
Education Requirements: A Bachelors Degree in a technical or business discipline is preferred. Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) by a strong plus. Formal education in computer system use is also preferred. Certified in Purchasing Management (CPM) a plus.
Experience: Entry level.
Abilities: Must be able to interface on a daily basis with a broad cross section of personnel. Must be able to communicate numerical detail clearly. Must be able to work in a cooperative manner with customers, vendors and other departments to identify and eliminate variances from the production and delivery Schedules.
JOB ELEMENTSProduction Planning & Control:
1. Facilitate the forecast process. Update sales history with actual results. Ensure that Sales and Marketing personnel and key customers have an opportunity to review and update the forecast.
2. Schedule Production of all finished goods
3. Establish and manage supply agreements.
4. Place and manage Purchase Orders and contracts for products, non-production material, expense items, capital items and services.
5. Ensure all purchasing records are accurate. This includes delivery dates and closing out old POs.
6. Ensure that our Primary Suppliers view of production requirements is synchronized to ours. Reconcile our purchase orders to factories' sales orders, our open payables to their receivables and our inventory records with their inventory records.
7. Implement Engineering Changes. All product changes are communicated to suppliers formally through Change Orders along with updated documentation.
8. Maintain inventory accuracy. This includes recording inventory movement and status.
9. Set inventory planning parameters in the system including: safety stock, order quantities and product lead times.
Supply Chain / Logistics:
10. On time shipping: Ensure that all orders ship according to their shipment policies.
11. Own the shipment / delivery process from factory to customers.
12. Work with transportation companies to arrange all inbound and outbound freight.
13. Arrange all international shipments. All customs documentation is provided at the appropriate steps in the process.
Apply for this job: